Our Church Covenant
We, the Mars Hill Baptist Church, are a part of the Body of Christ serving in the world. Called into community by God and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we serve under Christ’s Lordship and share God’s love with the world.
Under the authority of Christ as revealed in Scripture and the tradition of the Christian faith, we welcome into this fellowship all who seek forgiveness, healing and acceptance, and who confess Jesus Christ is Lord and are baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
As a member of this congregation and in obedience to God’s call to be a minister of reconciliation through Jesus Christ, I make the following covenant:
- I will meet regularly for corporate worship, prayer and the praise of God, and for fellowship with other believers;
- I will engage in Christian education and Christian nurture for the growth of the congregation and the community;
- I will study the Bible, meditate and pray, as well as encourage others to do so, and together live out the implications of that study and prayer;
- I will live as a responsible steward of my time, talents, and all my possessions;
- I will proclaim the gospel of salvation and abundant life through Jesus Christ, especially to unbelievers and people who are unchurched;
- I will join with others to minister to the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of persons in our congregation, community, and around the world;
- I will act responsibly with other churches and secular agencies to meet human need and to alleviate social ills;
- I will affirm the role of all believers to discover, develop and use their spiritual gifts as ministers of the gospel;
- I will accept all persons in this congregation without regard to position, wealth, race, age, sex, education, or other distinctions.